COVID-19: Guidance for Health Professionals
Derbyshire Education Network
Visit our Training and Events page to book your space
For all information surrounding Primary Care Networks please visit the GPTF website - here
The Derbyshire Advanced Practice website pages have moved and are now hosted on the Derbyshire Training Hub website (Health Education Derbyshire).
Please click here to access the website.
A Unique Offer to All Educators and Trainees in the East Midlands
The East Midlands Cancer Alliance is supporting the development of a Primary Care Cancer Training Academy. Its objectives are to improve knowledge, understanding and capability of earlier diagnosis of cancer from improving cancer screening uptake to developing pathways for diagnostics and imaging. All primary care patient facing staff would have the opportunity to access high quality learning resource . A particular focus will be working with trainees in general practice especially around quality improvement opportunities.
We are seeking interested clinicians as trainers and trainees to work with us to develop and deliver training. This would be an ideal fit for trainees who are seeking to extend the teaching experience and for trainers who are seeking to expand their own learning and teaching resources.
Representatives from each of the constituent integrated care systems (Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire ) are especially welcomed. Prior experience is not required and all who take part will be offered mentoring by the Director (Pawan Randev, an experienced GP trainer and Cancer Lead). An initial, informal discussion is welcomed - please email email@example.com.
Hypo Awareness Week (13 -19 September)
13 – 19 September is Hypo Awareness Week 2021 and aims to raise awareness of hypoglycaemia in the UK by educating healthcare professionals about the short-term complications of diabetes. Hypoglycaemia, also known as a hypo, takes place when the blood glucose levels of people with diabetes drop too low. They can feel shaky, unwell and, in extreme cases, can slip into a coma.
We have compiled a range of resources and guidance to support you in learning about Hypoglycaemia. The items in the pack contain:
- CDEP | Free Hypo Awareness training for healthcare staff
- Joint British Diabetes Societies Inpatient Care | The Hospital Management of Hypoglycaemia in Adults with Diabetes Mellitus
- Joint British Diabetes Societies Inpatient Care | Algorithm for the Management of Hypoglycaemia in Adults with Diabetes in Hospital
- TREND UK | Hypoglycaemia in adults in the community: recognition, management and prevention
- Eden | Highlighting Hypo infographic
- Eden | How to treat a Hypo infographic
- NIHR – Applied Research Collaboration East Midlands | Hypos can strike twice booklet
Download the full resource pack here.
You can also find useful links and articles on Hypo to share with patients from the Diabetes UK website:
- What a hypo feels like video
- What is hypoglycaemia? | Signs and symptoms | Diabetes UK
- Having a hypo | Guide to diabetes | Diabetes UK including How to treat a hypo
- Hypo and anxiety Hypoglycaemia anxiety | Managing your hypo anxiety | Diabetes UK
- What causes hypo anxiety video
- Checking your blood sugar levels Checking your blood sugar levels | Diabetes testing | Diabetes UK
- Hypo unawareness Hypo unawareness | Diabetes UK
- Bruce’s hypo awareness story My experience receiving an islet transplant | Diabetes UK
- Resource | Diabetes UK Inpatient information sheet
- Resource | Diabetes UK self-assessment checklist
Working for GPs
We represent and support general practice, ensuring that GPs are properly valued, and their skills properly utilised.
We make sure that while serving the public GPs are able to uphold appropriate standards of practice, and enjoy a standard of living commensurate with their profession, commitment and training.
Our position of influence
Derby and Derbyshire LMC has a major role to play in the provision of primary care and offers a unique position of influence within the NHS.
With 100 years of corporate intelligence and memory, we are very experienced in a wide range of GP practice issues – if in doubt, contact us.