Why join the LMC?
The LMC has a wealth of roles including:
- Shaping local policy and ensuring appropriate funding
- Publishing guidelines
- Preventing inappropriate work transfer
- Training and development
- Job adverts for levy-paying doctors
- Signposting to local support services
We want to make sure all GPs have a voice in the ever-changing landscape of general practice.
To ensure we represent all sessional GPs WE NEED YOU.
Please contact the office for further information. Or perhaps attend one of our meetings to help shape the future of general practice across Derbyshire.
The LMC meets in Higham on the first Thursday afternoon of alternate months. In between meetings there is an active online forum where representatives discuss issues impacting local general practice.
At meetings, LMC Committee members meet to discuss the ever-changing landscape of general practice and meet with key stakeholders. We shape the future of general practice across the county.
We are always looking for keen representatives who are passionate about general practice.
If you are interested in finding out more or attending a meeting please contact us.
Salaried GPs working within LMC levy-paying practices will automatically be LMC members.
If you are not in a levy-paying practice, please contact us.
GP Retainers working within LMC levy-paying practices will automatically be LMC members.
If you are not in a levy-paying practice, please contact .
LMC Locum Membership Package
All locums are welcome to become LMC members
We are so confident you will find membership invaluable, we’re offering a 3 month free trial.
For your membership you will get:
- Full website access with regularly updated local and national guidelines
- Full LMC support
- Access to our training events
- Access to our job vacancies section
- Regular email updates on changes affecting local general practice
- Free advert on our ‘locums available’ page
- The opportunity to represent your colleagues as an LMC Committee member
The cost of annual locum membership is: £125per annum.
Please contact us for details.