General Data Protection Regulation Workshop
Primary Care Development Centre (PCDC) event
Thursday 25 January 2018
Times: 09:30 - 16:30
09:30 to 16:30 , lunch and refreshments will be provided. . Please note that lunch is NOT provided on this course, however refreshments will be available.
Whitworth Centre, Station Road, Darley Dale, Matlock, DE4 2EQ
GP, Practice Manager/ Asst Practice Manager, Business/Finance/Admin Manager
General Data Protection Regulation & Preparing for Implementation
The 25th May 2018 sees the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This is the biggest change in data protection law for 20 years. The course will help health and social care organisations to practically prepare for the implementation of the GDPR. The changes to “consent models”, definitions of personal data, Pseudonymisation and the newly introduced Right to be forgotten will all have huge impacts on providers and commissioners of health and social care services.
This workshop examines the Regulation in detail, linking the common-law duties of confidentiality, Caldicott Reviews and SIRO processes, to ensure organisations stay ahead of the game. This workshop is suitable for the public sector and private sector.
- Overview of the Regulation
- How the current Data Protection definitions and principles are transposed - Caldicott Principles and Data Security requirements
- Caldicott Guardian, DPO (Data Protection Officer) and SIRO working together
- Consent for processing data -providing care and secondary uses
- Profiling -Risk Stratification -Business intelligence -service planning
- Privacy notices / fair processing notices
- Pseudonymisation and use of de-identified data for secondary uses
- Children Consent issues (service user online access) and parental responsibility
- Changes to subject access (Access to records/ Health and social acre considerations)
- IG SIRI reporting and new mandated breach reporting
- Right to be forgotten
- Organisational responsibilities as ‘data controller’ or ‘data processor’
- Privacy Impact Assessments
- Basis for collecting and using data with Legal approaches to sharing personal data
- Records Management changes
- STEPS TO TAKE NOW
For full course details please click here
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.