Lincolnshire Practice Managers Development Group Annual Conference of Practice Managers
Thursday 12 October 2017
This is an all day event.
Times: 08:00 - 17:00
Another packed agenda this year includes:
- Dr Phil Hammond, NHS doctor, campaigner, investigative journalist, broadcaster, speaker & comedian will be chairing the conference. Phil will keep everyone one of their toes with his keen insight & razor sharp wit.
- Jim Lawless, an internationally renowned speaker and adviser who has inspired people within some of the world’s leading companies to take astute risks and adapt for change and high performance. Jim insists on testing his principles on himself before advising others.Using his “Taming Tigers” technique he became Britain’s deepest free diver
- Darren Mercieca, GMC Regional Liasion Adviser, talking on key guidance & the use of social media in general practice.
- Developing Higher Performing Teams with Belbin Team Roles, Belbin looks at how people actually behave in the workplace and which roles they are best suited to take on in a team environment.This Interactive session on building & managing effective teams, will look at your individual practice team & help you increase your understanding of how and why people behave as they do.It will allow you to increase respect for behavioural differences & complementary behaviours to encourage increased communication and support between team members.
- Charles Eales - Microsoft Ltd, Head of Strategic Influencer Partnerships for Small and Medium Business talking on the innovative use of Microsoft technology in healthcare.
- Dr Max McKeown, The Power of Now. Max is a best-selling, award winning author who seeks to make complex ideas practical for the real world. His research focuses on how to increase the successful adaptability of individuals, teams and organisations. Max combines cutting edge strategy and management science with wisdom, wit and pop culture.
- Dr Rachel Clark, Your Life in My Hands. Rachel is an NHS hospital doctor who specialises in caring for patients at the end of life.She originally worked as a television journalist, producing and directing current affairs documentaries and retrained as an NHS Doctor at the age of 29. The impossible is possible!
- Panel Discussion & Questions from the Audience, GPFV & STP where are we 12 months on………….? Dr Robert Varnam – Director of General Practice Development, NHS England, Dr Fay Wilson – GPC Member & CEO Medical Director of BADGER, John Turner – Lincolnshire STP Lead, Federation Representative - TBC
- Alan Molineaux - Rooted Training, Marginal Gains for Managers. This session builds on the successful methodology employed by the British Olympic Cycling Team.. “The whole principle came from the idea that if you broke down everything that you could think of that goes into riding a bike, and then improved it by 1%, you will get a significant increase when you put them all together”. It’s so easy to overestimate the importance of one defining moment and underestimate the value of making better decisions on a daily basis. Almost every habit that you have, good or bad, is the result of many small decisions over time.
- John Hotowka, Wit & Wisdom. John provides the insights & tools to achieve more with less, build resilience & manage change. He will empower you to be more motivated, resourceful & resilient.....even when you don't feel like it. You'll also laugh while you learn & be inspired to take more action.
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.