Support for First5 GPs
Monday 2 March 2020
This is an afternoon event.
Times: 10:00 - 15:00
Food is provided at this event.
Name: Support for First5 GPs
Host: GMC (General Medical Council)
Date: Monday 2 March 2020
Time: 10:00 – 15:00
Venue: DDLMC Office
Catering: Refreshments and Lunch provided
Find out how the GMC can support you during your career as a GP
What does the workshop cover?
A day in the life of a GP is delivered by our local advisers who use interactive scenarios to work through the issues regularly faced by GPs. These can include topics such as:
- Concerns raised about doctors – trends and themes for GPs
- Raising concerns about patient safety – how do I do it and how am I protected?
- Consent - including the impact of the Montgomery case on primary care
- Confidentiality – covering adult safeguarding, female genital mutilation and PREVENT – what should be shared and when?
- Doctors’ use of social media
- End of life care - including advance care planning and DNACPR
- Intimate examinations and chaperones – when to use them and what’s required
- Personal beliefs
- Prescribing issues
- Maintaining professional boundaries.
Visit the GMC website for further details
Attached flyer for more details.
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Event has taken place
This event is in the past and has already taken place.