GP Contract 2018/19
The BMA have now published the details of the changes to the GP Contract for 2018/19. The full details are on the BMA website and the headlines are:
Contract changes - in summary
- Interim uplift of 1% for pay and in line with inflation for expenses, which would be increased further following any uplift secured through the DDRB process
- Increase in indemnity costs covered
- Uplift in line with inflation for those vaccinations and immunisations in the SFE
- Uplift to reimbursements of locum cover for sickness and maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Fixed-term contracted salaried GPs for sickness/parental leave will be reimbursed (in line with locum cover)
- Minor amendments to clinical aspects of vaccinations and immunisations
- Significant resources and support for implementation of the electronic referral service
- QOF point value to be uplifted to reflect population increase
- New regulations to support practices in the removal of violent patients
- New premises cost directions
The BMA have also published some FAQs about various aspects of the changes and when we get any more detail we will share this with you.
The GPC have confirmed that the current Extended Hours DES will continue unchanged.
If you have any queries about the new contract please don’t hesitate to contact the office, email@example.com