Wednesday 10 July 2019
This is an afternoon event.
Times: 13:30 - 15:30
The upskilling programme aims to work with partners to increase the confidence and competence in primary care of hypertension management and addressing cardiovascular risk. This will include diagnosis and management of hypertension and dyslipidaemia including familial hypercholesterolemia.
- Have an understanding of NICE / European Society of Cardiology (ESC) guidance on establishing a diagnosis of hypertension
- Recognise blood pressure targets depending on comorbidity
- Understand the Hypertension Treatment algorithms and be able to follow accordingly
- Be able to assess cardiovascular risk and target organ damage – introducing Joint British Societies on the prevention of Cardiovascular Disease and British Heart Foundation’s “heart age”
- Be able to recognise electrocardiogram (ECG) changes in people with hypertension
- Be able to identify secondary hypertension
To book your place, please e-mail email@example.com as soon as possible before the training date. If you have any queries please contact Dena Tomlinson for more information.
Name: Dena Tomlinson
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.