Physical Activity for the Management and Prevention of Disease
Derby and Derbyshire LMC event
Wednesday 28 November 2018 at Derby and Derbyshire LMC
This is an afternoon event.
Times: 13:00 - 15:30
Food is provided at this event.
Physical Activity for the Management and Prevention of Disease - Key Evidence and Practice
Delivered by Dr Helen Garr - NHS Clinical Champion for Physical Activity
A light lunch will be served from 13.00 and the event will begin at 13:30.
Objectives of the afternoon:
1. Become familiar with the definitions, guidelines and evidence base for physical activity and inactivity.
2. Understand the importance of physical activity for prevention and management of disease.
3. Develop understanding and knowledge in integrating physical activity and brief interventions into clinical practice.
4. Learn how to utilise the behaviour change model to apply very brief interventions into clinical practice.
5. Gain experience in the use of motivational interviewing through role play.
6. Understand the association between physical activity and specific chronic conditions through speciality-specific slides.
There will be a 10 minute update at 13:00 from Victoria Blackshaw, Medicines Management Project Manager at NHS Southern Derbyshire Clinical Commissioning Group. Victoria will talk about the self-care campaign running across Derbyshire.
Refreshments & lunch provided.
Derby and Derbyshire LMC
Heritage Gate,, Norman House, Ground Floor, Friar Gate, Derby, DE1 1NU
Is the training accessible to wheelchairs? Yes
Please note, there is no on site car park, alternative parking is available nearby at Stafford Street car park - satnav postcode DE11JL.
Phone: 01332 210 008
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.
Event has taken place
This event is in the past and has already taken place.