Sexual Health Network Event
Wednesday 18 April 2018
Do you work with young people in Derbyshire? Do you want help with delivering great SRE sessions? Do you want some support to deliver sex positive messages to your young people?
If you’ve answered ‘yes’ to any of these questions, then the Sexual Health Network Event is for you. Join the 'Sexual Health Services' to find out how you can further support and empower young people’s emotional and sexual health development.
Who is the event aimed at?
School services (pastoral care, school nurses, SRE/PHSE teachers)
Young people's services (MAT teams, Connexions, Social Care, Care leaver workers and looked after children services
GPs, pharmacists, nurses who provide LARC
Youth Group leaders
Hear from specialists on a variety of topics. The event will help you:
- understand how the internet and social media impacts on young people and their sexual development
- gain greater confidence when talking with young people about relationships and sexual health
- discover what services and resources are available to support your work
- network with other peers, agencies and organisations in Derbyshire
- visit our ‘market stalls’ (or host your own) during the networking break to get key resources and make new contacts
- take away examples session plans to use
- have the opportunity to question the experts - 'ask the panel' Q & A session
Wednesday 18 April 2018 at The Postmill Centre (South Normanton): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lets-talk-about-sex-tickets-43743075717
Wednesday 2 May 2018 at The Riverside Centre (Derby): https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lets-talk-about-sex-derby-tickets-43743599283
Limited numbers are available; please register by Friday 6 April 2018 (for 18 April event) or Friday 20 April 2018 (for 2 May event).
Would you like a table/ space to share information about your organisation? If you would like a ‘market stall’ space or more information about the networking event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tea/ coffee and biscuits will be available during the event.
These venues are fully-accessible. If you have any special access requirements, please contact Karmen on 01246 515730.
Name: Karmen Kaur
Phone: 01246 515730
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.