Spirometry Update & Interpretation
Thursday 12 October 2017
This is an all day event.
Times: 09:30 - 16:30
09:30 to 16:30 , lunch and refreshments will be provided
NBV Mercury House, North Gate, New Basford, Nottingham, NG7 7FN
This one day course aims to deliver a broad assessment of the main issues involved in performing spirometry in primary practice, indications for doing spirometry, how to undertake the tests, how to interpret the results and details on quality control and further training.
The workshop will equip the delegate to have a better understanding and be able to perform spirometry assessments by a theoretical and practical approach. They will need to complete a competency assessment back at their practice.
*This course requires a minimum of 10 delegates in order to go ahead*
- Have a basic understanding of the function of the airways
- Understand how disease can impair lung function and affect quality of life
- Understand reasons for spirometry
- Understand the significance of smoking cessation to reduce lung function decline
- Understand how to perform spirometry according to guidelines
Re: ARTP Accreditation - Clinicians have until 2021 to become accredited and there are various ways to do it.
Most people can attain competency by attending training, applying their learning into the clinical setting and then being assessed as competent by the ARTP by doing an online assessment under ARTP's Experienced Practitioner Scheme.
The course costs £180.00 per delegate to attend or £0.00 for delegates outside of the restrictions described above.
- If you do not attend the training on the day, your organisation will be invoiced for the full attendance cost.
- If you give one working week or less notice that you will not be able to attend, your organisation will be invoiced for the full attendance cost if we are unable to reallocate your space.
If you have any communication or mobility needs that the event organisers need to be aware of please contact them in advance of the course to let them know.