COVID-19 UPDATE BRIEFING DDLMC – 09.06.2020
Importance of maintaining social distancing in healthcare settings. There have been 3 recent outbreaks of COVID-19 in healthcare settings in the East of England. A common theme was that social distancing measures were not being followed. Practices are reminded of the importance of staff following these guidelines and appropriate infection control. NHSE have produced a Press Release (Attachment A).
GP-S. The offer of free support from GP-S remains free and available to all practices in Derbyshire. The details are here and include: Free confidential Peer Coaching and mentoring for GPs: Free confidential listening and signposting for GPs: Free weekly peer support group led by two trained expert mentors: Free confidential listening and signposting for Practice Managers.
Draft prioritisation for long term condition reviews in Derbyshire. The CCG have asked us to share this draft for LTC reviews (including asthma, COPD, diabetes, CVD and mental health) as some practices/PCNs are planning to discuss them at Quest tomorrow. (Attachment B.)
Emergency PPE Request form. The CCG have asked us to share the following “Please may we request that the following steps are completed BEFORE submitting your EMERGENCY PPE Request Form (attachment 5) to email@example.com
- You have been in frequent contact with your usual supplier and where able have placed an order with them. Where this is the case please provide details of who you have contacted and estimated delivery dates arranged. We have been assured by NHSE/I that PPE has been released to wholesalers and some practices within Derbyshire have been able to place orders without difficulty. Please contact your neighbouring practices to establish where their stock is from.
- All practices will have had or will be receiving an invitation from the Department of Health and Social Care, to register on the new PPE Portal. From here you will be able to request a weekly supply of PPE (initially this will be gloves, masks and aprons) which will be delivered by Royal Mail. Please can you respond emailing firstname.lastname@example.org that you have been invited and have registered onto the new PPE portal site.
- Practices may have to provide evidence to the NHS Portal of current stocks to receive these orders. Please note that from 30 June 2020 the current Stockwatch data reporting will cease – please DO NOT input any data after this date. Any activity on this system up to the 30 June will be cost free – after this date you may be charged for accessing this programme.
If, after these steps, you are still in need of an EMERGENCY 3 day supply of PPE from the CCG please submit the attached form (attachment 5) ensuring:
- The request form is completed in full including
- Full postal address and postcode to aid delivery
- Evidence that you have contacted your suppliers to place an order and have documented the expected delivery date on the request form
- Your daily usage rate for the items requested
We will not be able to process any further requests for PPE without the above steps being followed.
NHS At Home Roll-Out. As part of the NHS drive to give more people connected, supported, personalised care in their own homes, patients with cystic fibrosis and recovering from coronavirus are being given devices and apps so that medics can monitor their condition remotely. (Attachment C.)
Patient Consent for eRD. The requirement for patient consent to transfer them onto eRD is suspended temporarily until 30 June 2020 at which time the suspension will either be extended or revoked in certain circumstances outlined in a letter sent to practices.
Immunisation Programmes. NHSE have published Clinical guidance for healthcare professionals on maintaining immunisation programmes during COVID-19.
Compassion in Dying. There are a number of useful resources on this website which practices may wish to use.
Request for Volunteers. We are in a difficult phase of public messaging regarding Coronavirus and lockdown relaxation; with lockdown fatigue and arguably, some mixed messaging. General practice teams are trusted members of our community and we would like to utilise our position to help our patients navigate through the crisis by providing clear, trusted, local guidance.
We are looking for members of practice teams throughout Derbyshire to be involved in our comms strategy; to speak directly to our patients through social media campaigns and local media where appropriate. We would like volunteers from a diverse range of general practice roles and countywide geographies to get involved. If you would be willing to get involved please contact email@example.com with the subject ‘ Media Support’.
Message for patients about attending GP practices. Please see link to social media post that has gone out today.
"You can Save me" Posters. The next posters in the series of “You Can Save Me” from the NSPCC which have come from the national Police Child Abuse Lead. These are powerful messages and it is requested that the posters are displayed in waiting rooms. (Attachments D and E)
Just a reminder that the special Covid response, recovery and restoration webinar will be on Wednesday 10th June from 11am – 12:15pm. It will be chaired by Dr Katie Cowley. The details are:
Webinar ID: 843 6569 6416
A few thoughts for the day (from social media but it sometimes has its uses):
With Father’s Day Approaching remember: Cherish your Dad because mine has gone forever and I miss him every day.
A Man who can’t stop singing Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin has been diagnosed with Crooner Virus.